Health & Wellness Blogger
Write 3 things I’m grateful for in my new gratitude journal.
That I’m genuinely excited for the future of what is to come with my blog PurelyPope and my full time job with HelloWellness as I’m planning 2019!
Trick or treating! Today’s action was focusing on the moment, removing myself from digital and really being present with my neice and nephew!
Spending time giving career advice to someone that I met via Instagram. The thing I love about social media is that it’s able to connect us with so many likeminded people. To be able to mentor girls that are just graduating college and about to begin their careers is something that I really enjoy!
Try to turn any negative thing that happened to you into a positive. Always focus on the positive instead of the negative! This will only enhance your life 🙂
I love the LA is a melting pot. There is truly something for everyone. The weather doesn’t hurt either. LA is also a mecca for health and wellness, so all of the healthy food options, up and coming fitness studios and of course outdoor activities are amazing as well.
Favorite breakfast meal & restaurant?
Favorite breakfast at the moment would have to be my F-Factor Pumpkin Doughnuts, which you can find on my Instagram! They’re delicious, and taste like you’re eating dessert for breakfast! https://www.instagram.com/p/BorWIlwgE3i/?taken-by=purelypope
Favorite restaurant would have to be Gjusta in Venice. Gjusta is a local deli on steroids, that is also BYOB. The food is made fresh daily based on what is in season, and you can never go wrong with the Chile rubbed chicken!
What are you doing at:
6:00 AM – either snoozing my alarm, or slipping into my workout gear. Soon after, I’m sweating to my favorite workout, Melissa Wood Health. Her workouts are low impact and focus on developing long, lean lines in your body. The energy of her workouts are both positive and grounding, so it’s the ideal start to the day.
10:00 AM – Probably still sipping on my first cup of coffee, or I’ve moved on to my mint tea. I’m a sucker for Mint Teas – especially Varieteas Moroccan Mint!
12:00 PM – Favorite Lunch spot/meal?
My go-to lunch this Fall has been my Low-Carb, Veggie-Heavy Turkey Chili! You can find the recipe here: http://purelypope.com/low-carb-veggie-heavy-turkey-chili/
I’m typically a lunch at home sort of person, but if I am sneaking out for lunch, I’m a huge fan of Little Ruby in Santa Monica. They have a KILLER Shrimp Avocado salad. It’s also the sister restaurant of Ruby’s in NYC where Nick (my boyfriend) and I went on our first date, so it’s got a special place in my heart.
7:00 PM – Sitting down for dinner with Nick! At dinner, we like to talk about one thing we’re striving towards, one thing we’ve accomplished towards what we’re striving that day. Always love to keep growing and help each other grow! My Thai Cauliflower Rice is definitely one of our go-to dinners, it’s one pan and SO EASY! I add in organic grilled chicken, wild caught fish or egg whites for a lean protein source: http://purelypope.com/thai-cauliflower-pineapple-fried-rice/
11:00 PM – SLEEPING! Ha. I need to go to bed at around 10pm if I’m waking up at 6am!
What drink do you need to get through the day and at the end (and how many)?
Where do I start with this?! Here’s the order of beverages for the day:
1. IF I’m not feeling too tired, I drink warm water with lemon and 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar. I do this 2-3x per week.
2. Always Coffee or Four Sigmatic Chaga or Lion’s Mane Elixir. No matter which of these I go for, I love to mix in 5g of collagen (I love Ancient Nutrition Vanilla flavor), cinnamon, and unsweetened almond milk.
3. After the true caffeine, I move on to some sort of tea. I love any Mint Tea or Turmeric Tea – my favorite brand is Varieteas!
4. Staring my water intake for the day! I SWEAR by my 32 oz. White Hydroflask with a straw. I drink 3 of these per day.
5. Depending on the day, Thursday or a weekend night, I may have a glass of wine – I love a good Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc. My other drink of choice is tequila, soda water, lime, jalapeño and a little stevia.
6. This is the most important drink of them all – Natural Vitality Natural Calm Supplement. My favorite flavor is Raspberry Lemon. It’s a magnesium supplement that ensures your sleep is AMAZING and it’s also great for the digestion if you know what I mean 😉
Most used App/Favorite Instagram Account?
Most used app is definitely Instagram, I love connecting with my community and seeing what everyone else in the health and wellness community are doing. I truly LOVE all things health and wellness, so love exploring to see what the latest trends are. My favorite Instagram account would have to be a tie between @TanyaZuckerbrot and @MelissaWoodHealth! Love them both.
What should everyone try at least once?
Going outside your comfort zone! One thing I’ve found is that whenever I push myself outside of my comfort zone, I’m never mad at the result. It always allows me to grow and better myself in the long run.
Where do you enjoy getting lost?
In the moment with my family and friends! Super cheesy, but the honest truth! There is nothing better than family time!