Last updated: November 18, 2016
1. COMPLAINTS REGARDING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, codified in 17 U.S.C. § 512, et seq. (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, the Company will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Service that are reported to the Company’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified below.
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove the allegedly infringing content, the Company may also attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the specific user who posted, uploaded, or created the content or take other reasonable steps to notify that user that the Company has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights.
If you are not sure whether material on the Service infringes on your copyright, please consult with an attorney before filing a DMCA notification. Misrepresenting that material infringes on your copyright may subject you to liability for damages.
1.1. HOW TO REPORT A COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to the DMCA, the Company has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. The Company has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, please provide the following information to our Designated Copyright Agent:
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identify the material on the Service that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it;
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Provide the legal name, and the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
Include both of the following statements in the body of the notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
Deliver this notice, with all items completed, to our Designated Copyright Agent:
Native Social Network LLC Copyright Agent
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca
777 S Figueroa St, 37 FL
Los Angeles, 90017 California
1.2. HOW AN ACCUSED PARTY CAN FILE A COUNTER-NOTICE
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. To do so, please provide the following information to our Designated Copyright Agent, identified above:
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address;
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in the Kings District of New York, if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the Complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.